Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Peppermint Twists

I picked up these red and white buttons when I was stocking up on some other buttons.   I saw them peeking out of their box at me, and I couldn't resist them.  I love how bold and graphic they are--a little bit of 70s mod on today's baby.  And the holes are on the back, so the design of the button isn't interupted by the yarn used to secure the button to the sweater.


These would obviously look great on a red and white sweater.  But they'd also look terrific on a solid red sweater or as an accent to a sweater in a totally different color.  I'm thinking purple or turquoise.  The buttons are about an inch in diameter.

I have FIVE of these buttons only.  All five could go on a single cardigan, or fewer buttons could be used on several sweaters (at the shoulders, on a pocket in front, etc.).  But I don't know if I'll be able to get more.  So speak up now if these buttons are speaking to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment