Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In February, I . . .

--Ran the Rock 'N' Roll St. Pete Half Marathon in St. Petersburg, Florida.  It was my 11th half marathon, but it may have been the longest 13.1 miles of my life.  It was really not my day.  But it was easily the most beautiful half marathon course I've ever run.

--Started a new sweater design.  This one is a cardigan for girls in tropical colors--two shades of pink, orange, and lime green.  I'm really excited about it--can't wait to reveal it in the next few weeks. 

--Tried the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for roasted tomato soup.  It pairs perfectly with a grilled cheese or patty melt sandwich.  Love it on a cold winter night (not that we've had many of them), and it freezes beautifully. 

--Watched the entire second season of Friday Night Lights.  I'm now making my way through the third season, though I'm a little frustrated by the gap between the two seasons.  There are quite a few story lines that don't quite match up without some explanation.  (How did Tami Taylor get to be the principal??)  But I just love the show--wish I had seen it the first time around. 

--Flew south to Rio Grande, Puerto Rico (I'm actually there now) for a lovely week-long vacation.  The resort is just gorgeous (see below), with so many fantastic colors for inspiration.  I'll post some more pictures when I'm back in DC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment