Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."

So last night, I got home from work at 12:30am (it was a long day) and turn on the TV for just a few minutes so I could unwind before bed. And what's on TV but Anne of Green Gables! There are a few movies that suck me the minute I see them on the screen (Miss Congeniality, Fletch, Vacation come to mind as examples), but when it happens, I know I may as well just commit to watching the rest because there's no way I'm going to "turn the TV off at the next commercial." Not only is "Anne" one of those such movies, but it's on much less often than the others, so I knew it was going to be a really late night. But what a GREAT movie! There I was until nearly 3am watching Anne dispair over her red hair and admiring her dress with "puffed sleeves" and sobbing when Matthew dies. I love the movie all by itself, but every time I watch it, I remember reading the book with my mother when I was in second grade. It's a really nice memory!

Even now that I'm in my 30s, the book remains one of my all-time favories, though I still wish Anne and Gilbert didn't wait so long to get together!

And, I do think it's good to occasionally remind myself that tomorrow really is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment