Sunday, October 17, 2010

Today I Ran To Canada

And back again, underwater.  The Detroit Half Marathon was really fun.  The weather was perfect for running, and the trip across the Ambassador Bridge at sunrise was as thrilling as advertised.  I particularly liked the stretch in Windsor along the river--so beautiful!  I ran a little slower than I usually do, but I felt "good" further into the race than in past half marathons.  Usually, by mile 8, I'm really starting to wonder if I'll make it through the back five, but today miles 7, 8, 9, and 10 flew by.  Mile 11 was even tolerable, which made me really happy!

I'm recovering in my hotel room now, and I fear I'll be feeling all 13.1 of those miles for the next few days, but it was worth it!  And check out that cool medal!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and great job! I need to sign up for a race. I've been so lazy with my running these days.

    ReplyDelete