Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feral Houses

Almost a year ago I blogged about the 100 Abandoned Houses projectJames Griffioen's Feral Houses express a similar sentiment, only perhaps even more starkly.  These houses aren't just abandoned--they're wild, they've reverted to nature.  There's no domesticated bliss here anymore.

If only the walls of these houses could talk.  I'd love to hear about the people who lived there--about the good times and about what caused the residents to walk away from their houses without handing them off to another set of caretakers.  And about what's happened since then--as the ivy started to creep around the window frames and the saplings squeezed between the floorboards.  I think there would be many stories to be told.

2 comments:

  1. So sad...I'm sure they were once very loved by someone.

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am always curious about these things when I come across abandoned buildings. Loving the one in the bottom right corner, think it has potential?

    ReplyDelete