Wednesday, July 31, 2013

YHK at GALA

A few months ago, I drove to Kensington, Maryland, to visit GALA (Guild of Artists Local to the Area), which is now carrying Yellow House Knits sweaters.  For those who haven't been, GALA is a brick-and-morter, local version of Etsy, filled to the brim with gorgeous handmade items, including jewelry, housewares, clothing, and a great selection of items for kids.  And, of course, some super-cute handknit baby sweaters. 

While I was there, I had a lovely chat with Linda Blackbourne, the proprietor; bought a necklace for myself from Seven Sons Jewelry; and took a bunch of pictures.  And then the pictures sat on my camera.  And sat and sat.  So without further ado, here are some shots of this fabulous little shop.  Be sure to notice the Spring Road sweater right there in the window in the last picture!  If you happen to be in the area, do stop by and pick up a handmade gift (or even a handmade gift for yourself). 







No comments:

Post a Comment