Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Porter in Purple

Here's the Porter Street sweater done in shades of purple, instead of the blues it usually comes in.  I love how ladylike this sweater is, with its single button at the top and ruffle all the way around.  For this sweater, I used the middle color as the anchor (the color for the cuffs, neckband, and ruffle), rather than the darkest shade, as in the Porter Street sweater.  Good thing too, because the ONLY button I was able to find that looked good with these colors and this style was dark purple, and it would have gotten lost on a dark purple neckband.  In any case, changing up the colors gives it a very different look, and I like it! 
 
 
P.S.  I bought a couple extra purple buttons, so let me know if you want this color combination for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment