Thursday, September 2, 2010

Evolutionary Experience

I'm not much of a wine drinker.  In fact it all pretty much tastes the same to me, so I rarely buy anything that isn't in the sale bin at Harris Teeter.  

But I do have one go-to wine for when I'm entertaining or otherwise feeling fancy: Evolution from the Sokol Blosser Vineyards in Oregon.  One review described it as "a blend of everything from chardonnay and pinot gris to Muller-Thurgau and sylvaner" and another calls it an"androgynous white."  My best friend, who grew up in Portland, introduced me to it, and I have to say it's pretty good. 

So I was particularly excited to see Angelo select it as his wine for the wine-pairing Quickfire challenge on Top Chef last night.  Maybe I am fancy after all.  Have you tried it?

1 comment:

  1. I am not a big wine drinker either, but I do like to have wine on hand when entertaining or for hostess gifts. I will check this one out. Thanks for the tip. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete