Thursday, September 30, 2010

Window or Aisle Seat?

I'm a die-hard window-seat girl.  I particularly love the time just after take-off and just before landing, when you can still see the ground.  I love trying to pick out places and landmarks that I recognize and to see the world getting smaller and smaller--or larger and larger.  From that distance, the world always looks so peaceful. 

So, it should be no surprise that I think Maxwell Mackenzie's aerial photography is just so cool. Mackenzie is known for his architectural shots, but the Fraser Gallery in Bethesda currently has an exhibit of his aerial work.  He takes the pictures while he's flying the plane (don't try that at home!).  I especially love the second one below of the deer running through the clearing. 




5 comments:

  1. Wow those are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a window seat girl all the way!! Totally awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures... pretty amazing!! I am a window seat girl too. I want to see where I am going. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so great. I love that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, he has some awesome shots! I always pick the window :)

    ReplyDelete