Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rock 'n' Roll Dallas

Well, I'm officially running the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Dallas one week from tomorrow.  I had been holding off registering because I wasn't sure I'd be ready to run another half so soon after New Orleans last month.  But if I don't do this one, I won't make my goal of three half marathons before my birthday in June, so Dallas it is!  I'm excited, but also wondering if I'm doing a really dumb thing.  Guess we'll know soon enough.  

It's going to be a really quick trip in and out of Dallas, which is a bummer.  One thing I like about these destination races is the excuse to spend a weekend in another city, but I just couldn't make it work this time. 

I have had a secret goal for a while of running one half marathon a month for a year.  This experience might be a good way to find out just how crazy that idea is.  Stay tuned for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment