Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Saving the Underdog

I was at Barnes & Noble this morning buying a last-minute card for my assistant (thanks for everything Pam!) when I discovered the most wonderful line of cards: Hooray for the Underdog.  The cards "celebrate the power and spirit of rescued animals everywhere."  It's no secret that I have a soft spot for rescue dogs and cats (and other animals), so these cards grabbed my attention.  They feature rescue pets in various poses, some whimsical, some serious, all adorable.  On the back is the animal's name, story, and "special power."  Here's Jillian, a stray, who was rescued from a city shelter only hours before her scheduled demise. Her special power is making her humans feel like they’re the ones who were saved.  That may actually be the special power of most rescued animals.  I love cards with a cause, and this is one of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment