Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy 15th Anniversary Mr. Bullet!

Today is my 15th anniversary with my beloved Mr. Bullet (my best friend and trusted knitting assistant (of sorts)). I can't believe it's been 15 years since he first came home with me from a shelter in Elgin, Illinois.  I was a senior in college back then (and I drove across Chicago to adopt him because the local shelters wouldn't adopt to students).  So much has changed in those 15 years.  He's been such a steady rock for me in those years. 

The picture below reminds me of one of my favorite times with Bullet.  (Do you see him about half a block ahead of me?)  It was during the Snowpocalypse last year.  We were shut in the house for days but managed to sneak out of a few hours for a walk through the streets (literally) of Capitol Hill.  He had such fun romping in the snow, and the whole world felt so peaceful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment