Thursday, May 31, 2012

In March, April, and May I . . .

(OK, so I'm a little behind.  Hopefully I'm back on track!)

--Went to the Butterfly Garden at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.  I've never seen so many butterflies, and it was especially fun to see them up close and personal.  Amazing color inspiration!  This is a great activity for kids.  And, of course, the museum is specatcular too.


--Ran the Rock 'N' Roll Dallas Half Marathon in Dallas and the Mini Marathon in Indianapolis. This was my second time running both. The Mini includes a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Wow, it's impressive!

--Launched the very first Yellow House Knits collection, which had been in the works for almost a year. In case you missed it, you can see the collection here.

--Went to Memphis (where I used to live) for a fun weekend seeing old friends and walking along the Mississippi River.  I do love that city!  While I was there, I witnessed my first (and hopefully only) chicken-wing eating contest. 

--Spent a lovely week on Hilton Head with my whole family.  The first two days were rainy, but after that it was blue skies and white sands!  I think Hilton Head is one of my favorite places in the world!

--Finished watching all of the Friday Night Lights episodes.  I was so sad when it ended (even though I thought that finale was super satisfying).  I felt like I was saying goodbye to friends! 

--Finally gave in and bought an iPad.  What an awesome device!  I've found that it's particularly useful for easy access to my patterns, which has been great. 

--Saw my very first woodchuck while I was out running (hey, it's the little things in life that excite me!).  I thought it was a beaver, so that shows you how much I know about wild life.

(Photo uploaded to Flickr by Whatknot)

No comments:

Post a Comment