Monday, June 25, 2012

On Your Mark, Get Set . . . Volta Place

Sometimes inspiration strikes in the strangest places.  Back in February, I was lined up at the start of the Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon in St. Petersburg, Florida, wishing that I had dressed for the 34-degree temperatures (seriously, Florida in February?  I was expecting IDEAL running weather) when I noticed a woman just ahead of me wearing an awesome purple, white, and yellow running jacket.  I was struck by the unexpected color combination, and I practically warmed myself up thinking about how I could design a sweater with those same colors. 

Fast forward (some might say "slow forward") five months, and here is the Volta Place sweater!  I love the colors just as much as I did that cold morning in Florida. I think they're both sporty and surprising, and I adore the two little pockets in the front, as well as the slightly mismatched sleeves.

The fabulous pictures are courtesy of Stephanie Cotta Photography.  Stephanie is an immensely talented and (based on her Facebook page) highly prolific photographer in St. Louis.  Check out her website, where you'll find--among other treasures--the most gorgeous newborn pictures!   Thanks to Stephanie for sharing her skills with YHK. 




No comments:

Post a Comment