Friday, August 31, 2012

In August, I . . .

--Saw Jerry Seinfeld perform at the Kennedy Center.  Hysterical.

--Ran the Rock 'N' Roll Providence Half Marathon.  I hadn't been to Providence since I moved from Boston in 2000, and I'd forgotten what a charming city it is.  And the Water Fire was even more spectacular than I remember. 


--Sent my very first order to Australia!  Love that Yellow House Knits are down under now. 

--Saw the Julia Child Kitchen exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History. I half expected her to step out from behind the counter.

--Savored the Wonderful Place that is Washington, D.C., in August.  Yes, it's humid.  But everyone who lives here is on vacation.  Congress isn't in session.  The tourists are on vacation somewhere other than D.C.  The streets are empty.  The sidewalk cafes are open (with no lines).  I'm sad that it all ends today. 

--Enjoyed the bounty of fresh produce from Eastern Market.  August tomatoes, peaches, and corn on the cob are three of my all-time favorite things.  So good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment