Monday, February 16, 2015

Street Level: Appleton Street

It's been a while since I posted an installment of Street Level.  Today we go to Appleton Street in Northwest DC.  Appleton Street is a relatively short residential street in the Tenleytown neighborhood, characterized by lovely brick houses and well-tended front yards.  As I drove the street, I imagined houses filled with rowdy kids, barking dogs, and happy families.  Birthday parties, movie nights with popcorn, hide and seek in the back yard, and embellished school uniforms.  Basically, quintessential Americana.

I took these pictures last year just as winter was giving way to spring.  You can see signs of the changing season in the pictures below--the Easter wreath, the first crocus.  Given the wintery weather we're having in DC as I type this, maybe I'm subconsciously hoping spring is on its way again this year.










No comments:

Post a Comment