Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

A huge THANK YOU for all of your suggestions on how to spend my day in San Francisco.  I had a really great day and loved the city.  Although I barely scratched the surface of all San Francisco has to offer, I saw enough to make me want to go back.  Soon.

My picture of the Golden Gate isn't quite the same as the one a few posts below because the weather was at times uncooperative (but lovely other times), but I got to experience that authentic San Francisco fog!

As a bunch of you suggested, I made a beeline for Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, and browsed the shops and ate chowder.  I stopped for a long time to see the sea lions--not surprisingly, the sea lions were one of the highlights of the day!  (As with most animal attractions, I LOVED them!)

I also walked through Chinatown and spent some time people watching in Union Square (during one of those times when the weather was perfect).  I had dinner at a charming Italian restaurant near the Square.  It was a great day!  I fell asleep tired but happy, after looking out at the fantastic view of Union Square from my hotel room.

I think I may be back in Santa Clara again for work later this summer, and I may just stay over in San Francisco again so I can explore more of this great city.  There's so much more to see!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, glad to see you had a great time=0) The weather is so very lovely in September! Growing up.....hated SF, LOL! I have soooooo much family there, but it was always so freezing, LOL! I never appreciated it until I was about 30, LOL!

    xoxo,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete