Thursday, June 16, 2011

Knot Good Enough to Eat

By  now, you might have figured out that I have a strange fascination with food art (especially dessert art). Artist Ed Bing Lee's food items are made by knotting (not knitting!) linen, cotten, and rafia to create these amazingly realistic guilty pleasures.  You children of the 70s may know the technique as macramé, but these pieces are a long way from the wall coverings and plant hangers I associate with the bell bottom set.  Key lime pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts, but that strawberry ice cream cone is making me want to go visit my good friends Ben and Jerry. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are all incredible pieces of art! It's hard to believe they're made entirely out of knots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ice cream - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete