Monday, July 23, 2012

Nostalgia for Lunch

I have kind of an odd fascination with kids' metal lunch boxes.  The kind that were popular in the 70s and 80s (back when my mom packed cold Kentucky Fried Chicken for me--thanks Mom!) and featured brightly colored pop culture icons.  So no wonder that I love the Taking America to Lunch exhibit at the Smithsonian American History museum.  And next time I'm in Columbus, Georgia, I'll definitely be stopping by the Lunch Box Museum.  Maybe I love them most of all because they really childhood innocence--those days when the most important thing to worry about was remembering to bring the empty lunch box home to be refilled the next day. 

I think this collection of vintage lunch boxes is pretty cool. 


And I found these great lunch boxes on Etsy, all from CEB Collectibles:






No comments:

Post a Comment