Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Peach Pie

For me, this pie IS summer.  I don't know where the recipe came from--my mom has been making it forever--but it is one of my all-time favorite summer treats.  The almond pie crust and the sweet peaches and blueberries, combined with whipped cream . . . SO GOOD!  Plus, I just love how rustic and unpretentious it looks.  Let me know if you try it!

Pie Crust:

1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3-4 tablespoons water

Combine all ingredients.  Press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Filling:

1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1/4 cup lemon gelatin
4 cups fresh peaches
3/4 cup blueberries

Combine first three ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Add lemon gelatin, stirring until dissolved.  Cool.  Pour over fruit and toss gently. 

Pour fruit and gelatin mixture into pie crust.  Chill at least one hour until set.  Serve with whipped cream.

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! I just finished eating a strawberry pie I made and now feel that I must make this one, LOL. OHHHHH, gonna have some tight pants. Maybe I should knit some so they will super stretch, LOL!

    xoxo,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!!! Thanks for the recipe. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really yummy! Thanks for the recipe :) I love to try new things!

    ReplyDelete