Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prospect Street Sweater

I just listed a new sweater in my Etsy shop.  I've been wanting to make this sweater forever, but I have (happily) been busy with a couple of special orders.  Plus, that lime green yarn is so popular that I couldn't keep enough around to make any real progress.  So I started the sweater a while back, but it languished for months.


I'm glad I finally got to finish the sweater because I'm delighted with how it turned out.  The four buttons were custom made for this sweater, and the greens match perfectly.  

Prospect Street is one of the most historic streets in the Georgetown neighborhood in Washington, D.C.  In the early 1800s, wealthy shipowners, merchants, and land speculators built mansions overlooking the harbor.  Today, it's a major business and residential corridor.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I've just started knitting and am in awe of your precious sweaters!

    ReplyDelete