Saturday, July 3, 2010

One Month Down: 35 Before 36 Update

I've been in California for work for the past few days, so I'm a little late in posting the June update to my 35 Before 36 list.  I'd say I'm off to a decent start, though I haven't crossed anything off yet.

35 Before 36 Update

1. Read 12 books.  1/12 complete.  Read in June: "Moon Shell Beach" by Nancy Thayer. 
2. Go to New York City for a Broadway weekend.
3. Start saving regularly—even if modestly—for the addition to my house.  On track; savings account set up and first deposit made.  
4. Clean out my closet and give a lot to Goodwill.
5. Finish my state streets project.
6. Donate to: Washington Humane Society, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, and my various alma maters: Northwestern University, Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Michigan Law School, the University of Michigan School of Public Health
7. Go to the U.S. Botanic Garden.
8. Get a massage and/or a facial each month.  1/12 complete.
9. Purge and replenish my underwear drawer.
10. See 12 movies in the theater.
11. Spend a weekend the Omni Bedford Springs (my favorite).  Reservation made for July!
12. Keep an inventory of food in the freezer.  On track.
13. Run three half marathons.
14. Try yoga again.
15. Start to research the history of my house.
16. Reorganize my pantry.
17. Buy a nice piece of jewelry (pearls?).
18. Try 12 new (to me), local restaurants.
19. Improve my bread-baking skills.
20. Take Bullet on a weekend trip.
21. Get a new camera. 
22. Take more pictures.
23. Pay off my car.
24. Master real push-ups.
25. Make at least two meals per month to freeze for later.  On track.
26. Organize my knitting and needlepoint supplies.
27. Send more postcards when I travel with notes telling people I’m thinking of them.
28. Make a star tree-topper for my Christmas tree.
29. Have a party.
30. Go to the renovated National Museum of American History.
31. Go to the beach.
32. Buy fresh flowers more often.
33. Paint my old patio furniture (or have it painted).
34. Take a crafting class.
35. Walk home from work at least once a week, weather permitting.  So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. WOW this is a great idea! I'd have to do 39 before 40 (EEEEEEEK) and considering I have about a month I think I'll throw in the towel before I start. LOL I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want to hang out with you! We live mn Chantilly but never get to DC even though we swore we would make it to all the museums this summer. I have to say, you are inspiring me to make my own list. Thanks for that!!

    ReplyDelete