Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monthly Check-in

I made some good progress in October toward my goals, but I'm also falling down on a few.  Here's the status report. 

35 Before 36 Update

1. Read 12 books.  6/12 complete.  
2. Go to New York City for a Broadway weekend.  All set for this weekend!  We're going to see: "Rock of Ages" (finally!), "Time Stands Still," and "Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson.  I'm super excited!
3. Start saving regularly—even if modestly—for the addition to my house.  On track.  I've started putting the Yellow House Knits proceeds into that account as well, which seems appropriate.
4. Clean out my closet and give a lot to Goodwill.
5. Finish my state streets project.
6. Donate to: Washington Humane Society, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, and my various alma maters: Northwestern University, Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Michigan Law School, the University of Michigan School of Public Health. I made my annual donation to the Humane Society in honor of my anniversary with Bullet (I make a similar donation on his birthday each year).  I think it's a great way to celebrate the occasion! (He gets a nice treat too!)
7. Go to the U.S. Botanic Garden.
8. Get a massage and/or a facial each month.  5/12 complete.
9. Purge and replenish my underwear drawer.
10. See 12 movies in the theater.  5/12 complete.  Saw in October: "The Social Network"
11. Spend a weekend the Omni Bedford Springs (my favorite).
12. Keep an inventory of food in the freezer.  Falling down on this one some.  I need to work harder to get a system in place.
13. Run three half marathons. 1/3 complete.  Ran Detroit in October!  I'm thinking about New Orleans in February--stay tuned.
14. Try yoga again.
15. Start to research the history of my house.
16. Reorganize my pantry.
17. Buy a nice piece of jewelry (pearls?).
18. Try 12 new (to me), local restaurants.  5/12 complete. Tried in October: Acqua Al 2.
19. Improve my bread-baking skills.
20. Take Bullet on a weekend trip.
21. Get a new camera.
22. Take more pictures.
23. Pay off my car.
24. Master real push-ups.
25. Make at least two meals per month to freeze for later.  On track.
26. Organize my knitting and needlepoint supplies.
27. Send more postcards when I travel with notes telling people I’m thinking of them.
28. Make a star tree-topper for my Christmas tree.  Canvas is purchased--need to start needlepointing.
29. Have a party.  Alissa's shower was a huge success.  Pictures to come. 
30. Go to the renovated National Museum of American History.
31. Go to the beach.
32. Buy fresh flowers more often.  I'm working on this one, but it's getting harder as the weather gets cooler.
33. Paint my old patio furniture (or have it painted).
34. Take a crafting class.
35. Walk home from work at least once a week, weather permitting.  I haven't done a great job on this one because I've been working long hours.  I need to try to do better in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment