Monday, November 22, 2010

Operation Christmas Cookies

Every year, I make a big platter of cookies for each of  my friends, neighbors, and a select set of co-workers.  The cookie platters typically have about 50 cookies on them, with around a dozen or so different varieties of cookies.  They are very impressive (if I do say so myself)!  It usually takes me a couple of weeks to make all of the cookies, and it ends up taking a whole day to assemble and deliver the platters. 

I officially kicked off the 2010 operation yesterday with two types of cookies.  On the left are thin-mint type cookies from Martha Stewart, and on the right are Martha's cashew-caramel cookies.  (I promise all of the cookies aren't Martha Stewart's!).  I try to balance old and new varieties and holiday cookies and all-time favorites, but the recipients frequently ask for me to keep certain cookies in active rotation.  Both of these are ones that have been requested.

Stay tuned to see what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment