Sunday, November 21, 2010

Moseying Around Richmond

Friday was a tough knitting day for me.  It took me three tries to get the button band onto a sweater without it puckering and only after I was satisfied with how it looked did I realize that I had it on the wrong side!  And then I broke one of the buttons that was supposed to be on the sweater.

So on yesterday morning, I decided that Bullet and I needed a break.  We hopped in the car and drove two hours south to Richmond.  We didn't have any particular destination or agenda, but we spent the better part of the day cruising around.  We shopped in Carytown and at Libbie & Grove; we watched the kayakers on the James River enjoying the last bit of fall color; we admired the beautiful houses along Monument Avenue; we toured the University of Richmond, which I looked at years ago when I was looking at colleges.  The weather was spectacularly beautiful, and it was a wonderful, stress-free day.

We used to do this more often.  By "this," I mean hop in the car and drive somewhere within a 150 mile radius just to see what there is to see.  But more recently, life has gotten in the way.  Maybe yesterday will be the kick in the pants I need for us to start to do it some more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment