Friday, July 1, 2011

Color Me Beautiful

 When I was a kid, I loved coloring.  My art skills were questionable, but I still loved the freedom to create and I loved the vibrant colors in my Crayola box.  I remember marveling over all of those perfect crayons, in a rainbow of 64 colors, all lined up in a new box, and I confess that using the first crayon of the box for the first time required a bit of willpower to destroy that beautiful perfection.  But after that, it was a colorful world. 


Apparently other (bona fide) artists are also fascinated with crayons.  These carved crayons are the work of Pete Goldlust.  I'm not sure how well they'd hold up during the creative process, but they sure are amazing to look at. 

And check out this crayon sculpture by Herb Williams, which is one of a whole 3D series in which he uses only crayons.  (There's even one of a Crayola box!)  Apparently he has an account with Crayola, who sends him cases of 3000 crayons in a single color. 

1 comment:

  1. Those carved crayons are incredible! I don't think they'd stand a chance in the hands of either of my boys, but they really are amazing.

    ReplyDelete