Monday, February 14, 2011

Back From NOLA!

Well, the half-marathon didn't get off to the best start.  The hotel "forgot" about my breakfast, and the walk to the start was longer than I thought it would be, and it was colder than I wanted it to be at first.  So I was pretty grouchy at about 7:45 yesterday morning.  But things got better--they could only go up from there!--and the race turned out to be really, really fun.  It was scenic and went through a lot of different neighborhoods in New Orleans, ending up in City Park, which is just lovely.  The weather turned out to be awesome--sunny but cool, with a nice breeze--what they call a "no excuses day." 

New Orleans was also great for a weekend away--what a fun city!  I ate lots of seafood and loved taking in all the charms of the city.  It seemed like a world so far away from Washington, D.C. (which was exactly what I needed).   

I would definitely run this one again.  And check out these awesome medals.  I think the beads are super cool.  Perfect for a Mardi Gras race. 


1 comment: