Thursday, February 10, 2011

Countdown to New Orleans!

I leave tomorrow evening for New Orleans for my half marathon on Sunday.  I'm super-excited!  I've never been, and I'm generally itching for a reason to get out of D.C. for the weekend.  So this trip comes at a really good time (although it also requires me to run 13.1 miles, which I'm increasingly concerned that I'm ill prepared for!). 

My question for you all is: What shouldn't I miss?  Keep in mind that I won't have a car, but I'm staying in the French Quarter.  I won't have a huge amount of time, so a big day trip probably isn't on the agenda this time around.  Any suggestions for me?

2 comments:

  1. I've never been BUT good luck running! Let us know how it goes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to eat some great gumbo and don't forget to enjoy some of their unique coffee and delicious beignets at Cafe Du Monde

    check it out...
    http://www.cafedumonde.com/frenchMarket.html

    Have fun!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete