Sunday, February 6, 2011
3. You often go down to the "crick."
4. You've told your children to "red up" their rooms.
5. You can remember telling your little brother or sister to stop being so "nebby."
6. You've gotten hurt by falling into a "jaggerbush".
7. Your mother or grandmother has been seen wearing a "babushka" on her head.
8. You've "worshed" the clothes.
9. I ask you to hand me one of those "gum-bands" an' you actually know what I'm talking about.
10. You know you can't drive too fast on the back roads, because of the deer.
11. You've been to Beaver Valley , Turtle Crick, Mars, Slippery Rock, Greentree and New Castle.
12. You hear "hey, yenz guys" or "you guyses" and don't think twice. Example: "you guyses hause is nice."
13. You know the three rivers by name and understand that "The Point" isn't on a writing instrument.
14. Someone refers to "The Mon" or "The Yough" and you know exactly what they're talking about.
15. You remember the blizzard o f 1993 (or 1976, or 1950, or 1939).
16. Someone starts the chant, "Here we go Still-ers!" and you join in the proper cadence, waving the appropriately colored towel.
17. You've either eaten a Farkleberry Tart or know someone who has.
18. You drink pop, eat hoagies, love perogies and one of your favorite sandwiches actually has coleslaw and French fries ON it.
19. You know what a "still mill" is.
20. You expect temps in the winter to be record-breaking cold and temps in the summer to be record-breaking hot.
21. You know what Eat 'N Park is and frequently ate breakfast there at 2:00 AM after the bar closed.
22. You order "dippy eggs" in a restaurant and get exactly what you wanted.
23. You spent your summers, or a school picnic at Luna Park, Kennywood, Westview, Sand Castle , or Idlewild.
24. You've been to the Braun's Bread Plant or Story Book Forest for a school field trip.
25. "Chipped ham" (from Isaly's) was always in your refrigerator when you was growin'up.
26. You refuse to buy any condiments besides Heinz unless a Pittsburgh athlete's picture is on the side of the container.
27. When you call the dog or the kids you shout, "Kum-mere" and they come.
28. Franco, Roberto, and Mario don't need last names and you can recite their exploits by heart.
29. Food at a wedding reception consists of rigatoni, stuffed cabbage, sauerkraut, and polska kielbasa.
Have a Pittsburgh Day! Go Stillers!